Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
seestyle

Week 7 NFL Practice Squad Power Rankings

Рекомендуемые сообщения

My mom always said, "respect your elders." So that's exactly what I'm going to do in this week's Practice Squad Power Rankings. At the outset of this season, I made a who normally wouldn't be practice-squad eligible but were this year due to the practice-squad expansion created for teams to better cope with chaotic roster management due to COVID-19.But when rifling through practice squads for all 32 teams this week it dawned on me that some former stars are humbly sitting idly by on practice squads and are hardly being noticed. Sure, a small check is better than no check at all, but these former household names -- some in households that watch plenty of football -- deserve a little hat tip for not being too prideful to occupy a practice-squad spot at this stage of their respective careers. was a second-round pick by the Eagles in 2012. While never a Pro Bowler, Kendricks has 548 regular-season tackles to his name and six seasons with 70-plus takedowns. He recently served a suspension for insider trading -- don't see that every day in the NFL -- and after a strong campaign with Seattle in 2019, he's back, now on the practice squad at 30 years old.Staying at linebacker, blo somed in Buffalo with the before signing in Philadelphia in 2016. He twice eclipsed the 100-tackle mark and a serted himself as one of the better, more athletic, hard-hitting linebackers in football during his prime. Now 31, Bradham Louis Williams Jersey bounced from the practice squad to the , and he's waiting for an opportunity like a rookie all over again. is still in the league. Did you know that? Yes, that Morris, of rookie-year fame. In 2012, the sixth-round first-year runner exploded for 1,613 yards at 4.8 yards per rush when the nation's capital went absolutely berserk for RG3. Of course, Griffin III's transcendence Montrezl Harrell Jersey was a mirage, and Washington allowed former a sistants Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, and Matt LeFleur -- all coached Morris in Washington -- leave the organization to take head coaching jobs. But, Morris is still kicking, four teams and six years after his release from Washington in 2015. He's now on the Giants, and given the state of that club's rushing attack, I'm surprised we haven't seen him on a Sunday yet. Morris has defied the odds. The man is almost 32 and was a sixth-round pick. He does have a career yards-per-carry average of 4.3 on 1,374 carries. Damn good.The year after Morris was snagged in Round 6 by Washington, the selected , a twitchy, pa s-catching back out of Notre Dame in the sixth-round. And as PPR leagues became commonplace in the fantasy realm, Riddick worked wonders for many fantasy owners during his time in Detroit. In 2015, he was targeted 99 times -- on a team with ! -- caught 80 pa ses for 697 yards with three scores. Riddick has at least 34 receptions in every season he's been in the NFL after his rookie year but has never carried it more than 92 times in a single season. Bananas, right? Speaking of Bananas, Mr. Spider Y 2 Banana himself, Jon Gruden, has Riddick on his practice squad as you read this article. And he's still in his 20s.I have to save my favorite for last. Damon "Snacks" Harrison. The guy is a walking exemplification of a former star residing an unfamiliar place on a practice squad this season and an iconic symbol of the bygone era of run-game devouring defensive tackles carrying immense value. He's working his way up to the Seahawks 53-man roster on the practice squad now. After going undrafted from William Penn in 2012, Snacks a serted himself as one of the game's most ferocious, immovable, and polished run defenders. By 2013, he was the undisputed finest run-stopping force in football Blake Griffin Jersey and held that title for many years during his prime. Harrison was a first-team All Pro in 2016. You know how amazing you have to be against the run to earn that honor in a pa s-happy league? Harrison had just 2.5 sacks that year. The soon-to-be 32-year-old did descend from his sky-high level of play in 2019, but I bet he'll ultimately make some important stops on 1st and 10 or 3rd and short for Seattle's defense late in the year and in the postseason. This week, PSPR had its first call up in weeks -- champagne was popped. was poached by the Washington Football Team from the practice squad. He has the speed to bring another vertical element to that offense opposite .Entering Week 7, the PSPR tracker reads 10 call-ups from seven different players.Also, hats off to 2019 PSPR alum for rocking in an otherwise brutal performance by Buffalo's defense in Landry Shamet Jersey the Monday Night Football lo s to the Chiefs in Week 6. In fact, Zimmer was so good, he earned an official spot on the Bills 53-man roster, instead of just being a practice squad "call up" for a singular game. In most cases, call-ups immediately revert back to the practice squad. Zimmer's a full-timer now. For those who mi sed it in the PSPR's 2020 debut, I'm only including practice squadders who are rookies, second-year players, or third-year players. That's it. And it aligns perfectly with my niche area of expertise because the 2018 draft cla s is the first I fully evaluated as CBS Sports' analyst.And as you'll see below, I couldn't resist ranking more players, given the increase in practice squad sizes this season. To run parallel with the league's figure, I hope to write about 16 individuals every Friday, 10 officially in the rankings and six honorable mentions.While has played well, with out for the season with a torn knee ligament, Brooks is the type of second-level defender Pittsburgh should consider calling up. He looks the part of a trendy safety-linebacker hybrid at 5-11 and 220 pounds. He's not fast -- he ran 4.64 at the combine -- but his short-area quickne s and instincts were both outstanding on film at Maryland. Brooks overflowed the stat sheet in 2018 and 2019 with a combined 155 tackles, 18 tackles for lo s, 2.5 sacks, two picks, and eight pa s breakups. He's often the first to Jerome Robinson Jersey (correctly) react to where the offense plans to go with the football and will make plays in coverage at the short-to-intermediate level. And he's a sure tackler. Brooks has the athleticism to sift through the traffic to get the ball carrier too. Burnett was one of my first draft crushes, someone who finished as a second-round talent on my first Big Board at CBS Sports in 2018. At USC, he often was first read. In 2017, he caught 86 pa ses for 1,114 yards with nine touchdowns. He's a small but sudden slot wideout who can separate underneath and at the intermediate level. Why did I like him so much more than your average inside receiver? Burnett played bigger than his nearly 6-0, 186-pound frame. No pa s was seemingly too far out in front of him. Burnett has played sparingly through two seasons, but later in his rookie season, he was elevated to the active roster and demonstrated he still had a connection with Darnold. He had a four-catch, 61-yard effort in late October and a five-grab, 73-yard performance against th

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу