Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
seestyle

Two Seahawks rip the NFLs reported rule

Рекомендуемые сообщения

More on NFL In recent years, the act of kicking a field goal -- one of the most routine and uneventful plays in football -- got somewhat exciting. Im Walter Payton Jersey not talking about last-second attempts, which have always been exciting. Im talking about a 34-yard field goal in the second quarter. It got somewhat exciting because extremely athletic defenders realized they could jump over the offensive line to get into the backfield to block kicks. So long as they didnt land on an opposing player or use other players for leverage, it was entirely legal. And as previously mentioned, its unequivocally fun.Plus, its something that -- a former first-round pick of the who recently helped the win LI -- is actually good at: Wow.Shea McClellin hurdles the line to block the FG attempt. NFL (@NFL) Unfortunately, the NFL might ban the field goal leap. the leagues competition committee is likely to propose a rule that would ban field goal and extra point leaps. That report is not sitting well with two players. linebacker and safety saw Maskes report. So, they responded on Twitter. Wagner made a fair point: It Travis Kelce Men Jersey s fun and everyone -- the fans and players -- likes it. they shouldn't. It's fun jumping, I think the fans like it too Bobby Wagner (@Bwagz54) Chancellor added that kids like it. Kids love it too The Enforcer (@Kam_Chancellor) He also called it a game of politics and proceeded to hit the NFL with the cla sic, never old No Fun League burn. Derrick Thomas Jersey Game of politics... let us have fun !!!! The Enforcer (@Kam_Chancellor) They are trying to turn our league more and more into the The Enforcer (@Kam_Chancellor) It should come as no surprise to hear those two players criticize the league over the rule proposal, because theyre both really good at jumping over the trenches to block field goals. In January 2015, in a playoff game against the , And heres footage of : Up.And over.And BLOCKED by .Wow. NFL (@NFL) Theyre both right. Those plays are fun. I dont think anyone would disagree. The i sue, however, is apprently player safety, which is something the players are understandably considered about. Heres what The jump-over rule on the field goal concerns me, Winston said. I would say that theres a chance for a big injury on that play. Just for the jumper getting his legs caught up and landing on his head and for the offensive linemen in between the A and B gaps. If that guys and gets his legs hit and falls on someones leg, those are big injuries. Those arent sprained-ankle sort of injuries. OK, I gue s that makes sense, though its worth pointing out that its still legal for players to hurdle over defenders when Reuben Foster Men Jersey running with the football, which also seems like it could end in a big injury. But considering that quote came from the NFLPA president, it seems to be the official stance of the players.The bottom line is that, while the field goal leap a really fun play, the game of football, , will survive without it. Its a quick and simple fix, unlike most of the leagues problems related to player safety.This isnt the only rule proposal related to player safety the league will consider this offseason. Troy Tyrod Taylor Men Jersey Vincent, the NFLs vice president of football operations, said that the competition committee is also exploring ways -- including considering immediate ejections or suspensions -- If pa sed, Im gue sing the players collective response to that rule change will be interesting.

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу