Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
seestyle

NFL playoff picks for AFC NFC title game

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Pick Six Newsletter!First, I would like to start off with some bad news: I will NOT be singing the national anthem at the this year. I was hoping that the would pick me, but once again, they have pa Thomas Greiss Jersey sed me over. It's getting insulting at this point. I'm not sure if it's because I can't sing or because I've never been nominated for a Grammy, but I'm sure both of those things played into it.Although I won't be singing the national anthem, the NFL revealed today who will be and we'll be covering that. I'll also be making my picks for the conference title games and we'll be taking a look at why Lamar Jackson might end up getting traded.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the Pick Six newsletter. To get your friends to sign up, all you have to do is with them. Let's get to the rundown.For the past 20 weeks, the Tuesday morning podcast was pretty simple: It was Ryan Wilson, Will Brinson and I rehashing the Monday night game. However, with no more Monday games this season, that means we had to come up with something else to talk about today, so that's exactly what we did. Brinson brought on Jason La Canfora and the two of them spent nearly 45 minutes breaking down the latest news and rumors around the NFL. La Canfora hosts a radio show in Baltimore and is dialed into the Ravens, so it was especially interesting to hear what he had to say about how the Lamar Jackson situation might play out.JLC thinks the Ravens will eventually trade Jackson this offseason. "To me, that's far and away the most likely outcome." Jackson has been eligible for a new contract since the end of the 2020 season, but the two sides haven't been able to hammer out a deal even though they've had nearly 24 months. "They've had years to sign this kid. It's over," JLC said. "If you're going to trade him, you need to come to this realization quickly."Why the Ravens need to act quick. The trade market for quarterbacks could be deep this year, which is why the Ravens need to decide as soon as po sible if they're going to deal Jackson. "I think Aaron Rodgers is going to be dealt. You have Tom Brady out there. I think Ryan Tannehill l is going to be dealt. I think Derek Carr is going to be dealt. You might as well get ahead of all that and get Jackson traded ."Potential Tyler Myers Women Jersey landing spots. When it comes to po sible landing spots, JLC pointed at the three teams that mi sed out on Deshaun Watson last season: The Panthers, Falcons and Saints. All three teams still need a quarterback and if one of them were to add Jackson, they would almost instantly become the favorite to win the NFC South in 2023.As for negotiations between the Ravens and Jackson, JLC thinks it's going to continue to be a stalemate. "I don't see Lamar doing them any favors."To listen to today's episode -- and to get JLC's thoughts on a multitude of other topics -- . You can . It's Tuesday, and that can only mean one thing: It's time for my weekly picks.We are now two rounds into the playoffs and if I've learned one thing about my picks, it's that I should only be picking AFC games. So far this postseason, I'm 5-0 picking AFC games, but just 2-3 picking NFC games, so 49ers fans should probably keep that in mind when reading my NFC title game pick below.With that in mind, here are my picks for the AFC and NFC Championship games.(1) Eagles 23-20 over (2) 49ers.If you like offensive fireworks, then this is the game for you: Both teams rank in the top six in the NFL in points per game, offensive yards per game and rushing yards per game. On the other hand, maybe this game will turn into a defensive struggle and that's because both of these teams rank in the top eight for fewest points allowed. I Craig Smith Youth Jersey think what I'm trying to say here is that these teams are pretty evenly matched, so I'm going to have to go with the quarterback I trust more and that's Jalen Hurts. No rookie QB has ever led their team to a Super Bowl and although Brock Purdy has been good this year, I don't think he's going to be the first rookie QB to break through to the big game.LINE: Eagles (-2.5)(3) Bengals 27-24 over (1) Chiefs.Patrick Mahomes hasn't been able to beat the Bengals when he's fully healthy, so I have a tough time seeing him beat them with an injured ankle. Joe Burrow has never lost in January (7-0), he's never lost a road playoff game (3-0 Brendan Perlini Jersey ) and I think we all know where I'm going with this pick. Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes with all three games being decided by exactly three points and the Bengals are going for their third straight playoff win. So I'll just stick with this three theme and say the Bengals win by three.LINE: Bengals (-1.5)To get my full take on both games, .Bill Belichick is bringing back an old friend to run New England's offense. CBS Sports NFL Insider Josina Anderson has are going to hire Bill O'Brien as their offensive coordinator. After a disastrous 2022 season where the Patriots didn't officially have an offensive coordinator while also letting let Matt Patricia call plays, it was clear they were going to be making a big change this offseason, and this move definitely qualifies as big. O'Brien reuniting with Belichick.One thing about Belichick is that he loves hiring coaches who he already knows, and O'Brien definitely falls into that category. O'Brien's first NFL job came in 2007 when he was hired to be an offensive a sistant for the Patriots. O'Brien ended up spending five seasons in New England, with his final one coming in 2011 where he was the offensive coordinator for a 13-3 Patriots team that made it to the Super Bowl.Why the Patriots needed someone new. With Matt Patricia calling plays, things got ugly in New England this past season. Not only did he regularly battle with Mac Jones on the sideline, but the Patriots ended the 2022 season as the worst team in the NFL in red zone efficiency, the sixth-worst team in third down efficiency and they also had the fifth-fewest first downs. By the end of the season, it was pretty clear they would need to make a change for 2023. It's unclear what Patricia's role will be next season -- or if he'll even be staying with the team -- but he definitely won't be calling offensive plays.Mac Jones apparently happy with the hire. According , Jones is "very" excited about working with O'Brien. The Patriots' new offensive coordinator is actually familiar with Jones, thanks to their short overlapping time at Alabama. O New York Islanders Jersey 'Brien was hired as OC by Nick Saban in early 2021 while Jones was getting ready for the that year. With O'Brien trying to learn Alabama's offense, he said he actually got some help from Jones.Although there's been some speculation that the Patriots might try to make a play for a big-time QB this offseason, the hir

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу