Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
seestyle

Jerry Jones encouraged by Cowboys inexpe

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Here's the precise moment the Cowboys' 2015 season went up in flames: Week 2, when quarterback Tony Romo went down with a fractured clavicle. He would return in November before suffering another shoulder injury, but by then, the damage had been done. Dallas Pittsburgh Steelers Pet Gear finished 4-12 with Brandon Weeden, Matt Ca sel and Kellen Moore splitting the majority of the snaps. NFL preseason The le son: Backup quarterbacks are a luxury but they're also extremely important for a po sible playoff team.Weeden and Ca sel are gone but Moore remains, though he's . It was enough to lead to speculation that the 37-year-old Browns backup Josh McCown.But following Sunday night's scrimmage that included 2015 undrafted free agent Jameill Showers and 2016 fourth-round pick Dak Prescott, owner and general manager Jerry Jones may have a change of heart regarding the need to bolster the quarterback Dan Moore Jr. Jersey depth chart. "I'm more encouraged after this about holding our pat hand on a veteran than before this," Jones told the . "As we go along and if we continue to see this kind of improvement and this kind of instinctive play, I can really get comfortable back there."Both of those guys played well. It was what you wanted to see. They looked comfortable and they reacted well when you got a little pre sure. It was a good outing. It was good for everyone to Isaiahh Loudermilk Jersey see. To me that was one of the pluses."Coach Jason Garrett added: "I thought they handled the situations well," Garrett said. "They were in different situations, some red zone and two minutes stuff that I thought, again, they handled it really well. Not perfect, but they played with a good demeanor. There was a poise and a calm to their presence that I really thought was pretty good, and they Mason Rudolph Jersey will certainly grow from it." Whether that growth is enough to span the gap from franchise quarterback to inexperienced backup is another matter, and one that remains a concern given how quickly things went sideways last season when Romo went down.So while Jones sounds like he's becoming more comfortable with the current quarterbacks, there's still a chance the team could make a bid for McCown, even if the Browns are hesitant. Browns coach Hue Jackson announced Monday that Robert Griffin III was the starter, but ."Josh in particular has Hines Ward Jersey been outstanding throughout this proce s and all of our quarterbacks (Austin Davis and Cody Ke sler) have worked well together," Jackson said. "Their play, profe sionalism and work ethic has pushed the room to really improve the level of play at the position for our team." And if McCown-to-Dallas doesn't happen -- and should Jones change his mind about Showers and Prescott -- 's Mary Kay Cabot wrote last week that other candidates to back up Romo could include Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon and free agents Michael Vick and Josh Freeman.

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу