Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
seestyle

Jones Discusses Joining the Raiders

Рекомендуемые сообщения

HENDERSON, Nev.--In an offseason that has seen Las Vegas Raiders GM Dave Ziegler shine, one of his biggest moves no one saw coming.We started reporting about Davante Adams (the best offensive free agent) wanting to be a Raider last May. To readers of this site, it was no shock. But no one, and I mean no one saw Ziegler signing the best defensive player in free agency in Chandler Jones.Ziegler's superb maneuvering of the gauntlet of secrecy allowed the Silver and Black to pair the best young DE in the NFL in Maxx Crosby, with the best in the game in Jones.You can read the entire transcript of Jones from his pre s conference, or watch the video above:Linebacker Chandler Jones Q: How did this deal kind of come together?Jones: Yeah, that was my agent, honestly. I spoke to my agent, we sat down, and we had a list, and obviously the Raiders were on the list, but there were a lot of things that credited to my decision of coming to Las Vegas. Maxx Crosby. I mean everyone's speaking about Max Crosby. I'm speaking about Max Crosby. I'm a huge fan of him and just to have the opportunity to rush an opposite side of him is huge for me. I'm very familiar with the front office. I trust them like no other. I've known them since I came into the NFL. Dave Ziegler, Josh McDaniels, Pat Graham. Pat Graham was my Nick Dzubnar Jersey position coach in New England when I first started playing my rookie year. So, hes the d-coordinator. This is a great opportunity for me. I'm happy to be Raider. And like I said, I can't wait to get on the field.Q: What kind of an impact did Patrick Graham have on you back when he was your position coach in New England and for it to kind of come full circle now?Jones: Yeah, well, one thing I admire about Pat Graham is his love for the football. And not just for football, but for the players as well. When I got in as a rookie, he didn't just teach me about this is how you get to the quarterback, this is how you set an edge. He taught me the things off the field, things about how to be a man. Little things like tying your tie. Things like Jamarco Jones Jersey that, they go a long way. And me and Pat, we still had a relationship when I left New England and it's almost a dream come true that we have this opportunity to be in the same room again, or to be on the same team again. Like I said, I saw him in the hallway coming here and I just gave him a big hug and squeezed him really tight because like I said, who would have thought this would have happened.Q: Whats sort of the benefit of being multiple upfront from week to week and kind of throwing different looks to one with different looks?Jones: I think when you have a front office like this, they're very versatile and they get versatile players that can do a lot of different things. When you talk about a scheme, having the ability to change a scheme is very confusing for the opposing team. If you come out in a 3-4 for two weeks straight Austin Fort Jersey and then next week, that third team is going to think that you're in a 3-4 and you switch to a 4-3, that that could be a nightmare.That's when you see blowouts. And not trying to guarantee that, but I'm just saying that's when you see huge games like that. So, in order to have the ability to be versatile and to switch and alter your defense, it makes it very dangerous for teams. Its a very dangerous feature to have.Q: Throughout your career, you've been consistently productive. Obviously, you have your go-to moves and things of that nature, but how have you continued to evolve your game as your career has gone on?Jones: Yeah, I think consistency is one of the biggest things I take pride in. That's one of the biggest characteristics that I try to highlight when someone says, Hey, what makes you good? What makes Chandler Jones a good pa s rusher? Consistency. I spoke on it in a previous interview about when someone makes an investment in something, and they know that its consistent. In any aspect of life, you sit there, when you say, Hey, I know that this person is going to be there Monday through Friday. They're going to be this way. That's easy to invest in that. And that's one thing that I take pride in is just being consistent. So, like I say, year in and year out, Ive been getting to the quarterback. And like I said, to have the opportunity to rush with Max Crosby! Listen, he'll tell you, I'm a fan of him. I'll talk to him after games. I'd text him back when I was on the Cardinals.I'll be texting Maxx, Hey, that Mekhi Sargent Jersey was a good move. What did you do there? How did you set up that spin? Like I said, he Face Timed me when he found out the news. I dont know if guys saw it on the news, but he Faced Time me and he was he was about to cry. He was so happy. He was about to cry when I saw him down in the cafeteria earlier. So, like I said, I'm happy to be here.Q: How much have they talked to you about your leadership as well? Not only a great player on the field, but you're a leader in the locker room?Scroll to ContinueJones: Yeah, I think that's expected of me, of where I am in my career. I'm 32. This is going into year 11, I believe, and I think leadership is expected of me coming here. Also, I want to say I'm not going to be one of those guys that are going to come in and try to demand respect, you have to earn that from the players. And I've learned that from coming to a new team. I would say I'm a kind of leader, I'm not a guy who is going to get out and say hurrah and yell and try to get everyone's attention that way. I'm a huge lead-by-example guy. Hey, Chandler's running off the field. Let me run off the field. Maybe that helps with succe s. Just little things like that. And I think that's very contagious and not demanding for people to do it, but just do it and then show the results. Chandler. He stayed after a little bit just to do an extra few steps to work on his craft. Damn, well somehow, he got two sacks this week. But when you perfect your craft, it shows, the results always show. And maybe I can be an example to that because I'm a hard worker. I'm a really hard worker. When it goes back to your question, as far as leadership, I expect to take that role coming to this team and any team that Im on. It comes with the package for sure.Q: Having been in the league now for over a decade, what was the outside perception of this organization when it was in Oakland and now its in Vegas?Jones: Of course, that's a really good question and I just answered it, so I have a good answer for you. I was asked that question in Treylon Burks T Shirts another interview. I've always been a fan of this organization and I've always been a fan of the Davis family. So, for me to finally wear Silver and Black, it's a tremendous feeling. So, my perception on the outside was, when am I going to get my shot? Thats all. Like I said, I know you guys we're in Oakland before, and now we're here in Vegas. This team's here to win, regardle s of where we're at. Like I

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу