Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
McCarthy

Arrowheadlines: The Chiefs went after speed on defense

Рекомендуемые сообщения

The Kansas City Chiefs Emphasize Speed On Defense During NFL DraftForbes was always the fastest guy on the field,he said.Gay remained one of the fastest linebackers on the college level while playing at Mississippi State.At the 2020 NFL Combine, the Chiefs athletic second-round pick ran the 40 in 4.46 seconds, had a vertical leap of 39.5 inches and had a broad jump of more than 11 feet, even though he weighs more than 240 pounds.e ran faster than most of these secondary guys out there,Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said.Colts Flexibility With Eason, Who Eagles Woulde Taken Besides Jalen Hurts, Draft NotesSIThe Chiefsdrafting of Clyde Edwards-Helaire was, in fact, a convergence of a few different puzzle pieces coming together. First, there was the team quiet internal concession that it needed a bellcow back since losing Kareem Hunt 17 months ago. Second, the draft fell in a way where some other need spots were picked clean by the time the Chiefs got on the clock at 32 . And third, and this was the most important part, Kansas City fell in love with Edwards-Helaire game. Before every draft, GM Brett Veach and his staff give coach Andy Reid and his staff pockets of players to assess at every position, in an effort to marry up scouting reports from both sides of the operation. What the scouts got back from the coaches, from Reid to offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy to RBs coach Deland McCullough, was unanimous, and lined right up with what the scouts were saying . And that made it fairly simple picking Edwards-Helaire in front of about a half-dozen other guys the Chiefs woulde been OK with at the position.P Dustin Colquitt Announces Departure from ChiefsChiefs DigestWhen Colquitt re-signed with the team in 2018, he said he wanted to finish his career with the Chiefs while inishing the task of winning a championship.hat what we talked about in 2005, when me and Derrickcame in here we all got cards which I still have,Colquitt said, as a picture of the Lombardi trophy saying he main thing is the main thing and Ie kept that card and I have all intentions when they drafted me in the third-round, staying here till that happens. If it happens too early in my career, like next year, I still going to say, just because that happened I kept the card and I still want to play here for six or seven more seasons Derrick Johnson Jersey.FL Power Rankings Cowboys get major boost from 2020 Draft NFL1 Chiefs Previous rank No. 1 The Chiefs used their first-round pick No. 32 overallon LSU running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, whose pass-catching ability and elusiveness make Kansas City offense almost unfair. Edwards-Helaire is arguably the best receiving back in this draft class, prompting many to connect the dots and imagine a 2020 Chiefs attack using Edwards the way Reid used Brian Westbrook to befuddle opposing defenses in Philadelphia https://www.kccprostore.com/9-Alex_Smith_Jerseys. Big Red said that Edwards-Helaire is better than Westbrook. It begs the question Are we about to see the full potential of this Chiefs offense It a terrifying thought for the rest of the NFL.2020 NFL draft Biggest post-draft questions for all 32 teams ESPN Kansas City ChiefsWill defensive tackle Chris Jones play for the Chiefs this year The Chiefs didn trade him before the draft and haven signed him to a long-term contract Josh Mauga Jersey. Jones has given no indication he plans to sign the one-year, $16 million tender he received as their franchise player. For now, it no sure thing the team leader in sacks in each of the past two seasons will be a part of things in 2020.Adam Teicher Chiefs Tyrann Mathieu roasts Bill Polian NFL Draft analysis of himClutch Points That the least of my accomplishments, I take care my family, my children. Gave $1M to The same program that dismissed me, started a foundation that is fairly active GENUINE. Voted team captain for 3 Different franchises, not teams. I wish my granny was standing on side me. Tyrann MathieuApril 27, 2020Back in the 2013 NFL Draft, the current Chiefs safety was selected with the No. 69 pick by the Arizona Cardinals. Coming out of LSU, Mathieu put together one of the most impressive tapes for a prospect. However, the only reason he wasn selected earlier in the draft was due to his character concerns off of the field.While the Cardinals felt comfortable taking him in the third round, Polian wasn a fan of the decision. It safe to say that Polian was extremely wrong about his opinion on the LSU safety.2021 NFL Mock Draft Jaguars win Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes as Panthers, Raiders, Bears also land QBsCBS SportsRound 1 - Pick 32Creed Humphrey OL Oklahoma Soph 6316 lbsThe Chiefs didn land a center in the 2020 draft, and Austin Reiter is in the final year of his deal. Humphrey was Jalen Hurtscenter in 2019, and Kyler Murray the season before that.Around the NFLThe Five Most Revealing Strategies of the 2020 NFL DraftThe Ringer3. The Broncos wanted to get fastin a hurry. A starting quartet of Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, and Fant could be the speediest group of receivers in football. Last season, Sutton finished with 427 yards on passes of 20-plus air yardsthe sixth-highest mark in the league. Fant struggled on throws down the field , but Denver clearly plans on using his seam-stretching ability in coordinator Pat Shurmur offense. Jeudy has been lauded for his route-running ability, but he still good for plenty of big plays. And outside of former Jeudy teammate Henry Ruggs III, Hamler might have the best top-end speed of any receiver in the draft https://www.kccprostore.com/47-Tamba_Hali_Jerseys. It fair to question whether second-year QB Drew Lock is the right guy to take advantage of all this offensive artillery, but hel have no shortage of vertical options.The Jets turnaround can start now that theye given Sam Darnold more weapons this offseason SB NationThe Jets continued to give Darnold more protection and weapons in the draft. With their first-round pick, they took massive left tackle Mekhi Becton. In the second round James-Michael Johnson Jersey, they lucked into wide receiver Denzel Mims, who some projected to be a first-round pick. Laical Perine is a bruiser who can complement Leeon Bell in the ground game.They waited a little later to get help at edge rusherand cornerback . Both come with risks, though they also have potential to be impact players.2020 NFL Draft Love-Packers, Dobbins-Ravens among top 10 fitsNFL10) Amik Robertson, CB, Las Vegas RaidersDrafted No. 139 overall It hard to find a cornerback with the athleticism, instincts and toughness to play nickel corner in the NFL. That why Raider Nation should quickly embrace Robertson as one of their future stars on the defensive side of the ball. The 5-8, 187-pounder is an aggressive tackler on the perimeter with a fearless approach to contact that will raise the level of physicality throughout the defense. In addition, Robertson superb ball skills, anticipation and awareness should enable him to make a number of plays in the passing game as a ee ball, get ball defender. If the Louisiana Tech star can quickly master the nuances of the playbook, he should be in prime position to make an immediate impact as a sub-package player in Paul Guenther defense.NFL Draft 2020 Four who won by zigging as others zagged, Patriots Trevor Lawrence shot, more insider notesCBS SportsJerry Jones listens to analytics teamLot of chatter in the scouting community about the Cowboys draft as well, for good reason. They may have landed the best receiver in the draft all the way down at 17, and while everyone has been going crazy about Amari Cooper deal, the dirty little secret is that he could be tossed aside in 2021 pretty easily. The guarantees are far from iron clad, and the fact is his replacement was already picked less than two months after he re-signed in Dallas. The Cowboys have botched this thing with Dak Prescott, but their draft haul had to impress the QB, and it seems like Jerry Jones is listening to his strong analytics team https://www.kccprostore.com/50-Zach_Fulton_Jerseys, which the great Cynthia Frelund of NFL Network tells me is second only the Baltimore in its resources and prowess . Love where Dallas was able to get Neville Gallimore as well.FA signings could follow after comp pick deadline ends NFL Monday at 4 p.m. ET was the deadline for unrestricted free-agent signings to count in the compensatory pick formula for the following draft. Players officially signed after that deadline will not contribute to their former teams chances of receiving a compensatory pick for their departure.A few names come to mind in relation to this deadline Jameis Winston , Logan Ryanand Jadeveon Clowney . These deals would factor into the compensatory formula because they are unrestricted free agents who would rank within the top 35 percent of the NFL.In case you missed it at Arrowhead PrideDustin Colquitt announces he leaving the ChiefsThe Chiefs had flirted with the idea of releasing Dustin for a season or two, often welcoming punter competition during training camp. Thankfully, he held onto his job long enough to be a part of a Super Bowl winning teamsomething his tenure in Kansas City certainly deserved.The ever reliable punter holds the franchise record for punting yards , and more importantly appearances . His departure means that no one from the team that Andy Reid inherited in 2013 remains on the roster.A tweet to make you thinkWe don know if Dustin retired or been released yet. Not sure it matters. Whatever happens next won diminish his contribution to the team his place among Chiefs legends.

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу