Перейти к содержанию
Авторизация  
Steve

Poirot's Christmas Story _ Agatha Christie _ txt Novel Paradise

Рекомендуемые сообщения

I don't mind telling you what I think. My husband's sister, Jennifer, married a Spaniard, Juan? Estravados 。 Her daughter, Pilar, who has just arrived, is a very lovely girl-and she is, of course, the only third generation in the family. Mr. Li is very happy to be with her. He dotes on her to the utmost. It seems to me that he intended to leave her a considerable sum of money in his new will. He may have given her only a small sum in the old will, or even nothing. "Do you know your aunt?" No, I've never seen her. Her Spanish husband died a terrible death, I think, shortly after the marriage, Jennifer herself died a year ago, and Pilar became an orphan. It was for this reason that Mr. Li brought her to England to live with him. "And the rest of the family, did they welcome Pilar?" "I think they all like her,Edible oil filling machine," Hilda said quietly. "It's nice to have a bright young man in the house." "And does she seem to like living here?" "I don't know," Hilda said slowly. "This must be a cold and strange place for a girl who grew up in the south — I mean Spain." "It's not going to be very pleasant living in Spain at the moment," Johnson said. Well, Mrs. Lee, we'd like to hear from you about that conversation this afternoon. Poirot muttered, "I'm sorry,bottle blowing machine, I'm off topic." Hilda? Li said : "When my father-in-law finished the call, he turned his head and looked at us and smiled. He said we all looked dejected.". Then he said he was tired and would go to bed early today. Everyone should not come to see him in the evening. He said he wanted to keep a good state for Christmas. That's the kind of words. "And then one," she frowned, trying to remember, "I think he said something about having a big family for Christmas or something. Then he talked about money, and he said that the family would need more expenses to maintain. He told George and Magdalen that they had to be thrifty and that she should make her own clothes. I'm afraid it's an old idea. I'm not surprised it annoys her. He said that his own wife was very good at sewing. Poirot said gently, "Is that all he said?" Hilda blushed. He made a passing reference to her mind. My husband loves his mother very much, and this makes him very sad. Just then, Mr. Li suddenly shouted at us all. He was extremely excited. Of course, I can understand what he's thinking. Poirot interrupted her and said gently, "What does he think?" She looked at him with calm eyes. Of course, water filling machine ,water bottle packaging machine, he was disappointed, "she said." There wasn't a grandchild in the family — no boy, I mean — no Lee to inherit. I could see that he must have been suffering from this for a long time, and then suddenly he couldn't stand it any longer, so he vented his anger on his sons, saying that they were a bunch of sad old women-things like that. I felt sorry for him at the time, because I could understand how his pride had been hurt. "And then?" "Then," said Hilda slowly, "we all went away." "That was the last time you saw him?" She nodded. Where were you at the time of the murder? "I was in the music room with my husband, and he was playing to me." "And then?" We heard the sound of tables and chairs falling to the ground upstairs. And the China was broken-a terrible struggle. And then there was the terrible scream when his throat was cut. Poirot said, "Was it a very terrible scream?"? It is "He paused--" Like a soul in hell? " Hilda? Li said : "It's worse than that!" "What do you mean, madam?" Like a man without a soul. The cry was inhuman, like a wild animal. ” Poirot said gravely, "So — that's what you say of him, Madame?" She raised a hand in a sudden burst of grief, and her eyes dropped to the floor beneath her feet. Pilar entered the room with a watchful eye, like an animal with a premonition of a trap. Her eyes were rolling, and she did not look afraid, but suspicious. Colonel Johnson stood up and brought her a chair. Then he said, "I think you understand English, Miss Estravados." Pilar's eyes widened as she said, "Of course, my mother is English, and I'm actually very English." When Colonel Johnson's eyes fell on her black hair, proud black eyes and curved red lips, an imperceptible smile appeared on his lips. Very British! This description is used in Pilar. ? Estravados body It's so inappropriate. He said, "Mr. Li is your grandfather. He brought you here from Spain.". "You just got here a few days ago, right?" Pilar nodded. Yes, when I escaped from Spain, I had-Oh! A lot of adventures-once a bomb fell from the sky and the driver was killed-his head was gone and he was covered in blood, and I can't drive, so I had to walk a long way-I've never walked like this before, and my feet were very sore. Colonel Johnson laughed. "You got here anyway," he said. Did your mother often talk to you about your grandfather? Pilar nodded happily. Oh, yes, she said he was an old devil. Hercule? Poirot laughed,Vegetable oil filling machine, too. He said, "What did you think of yourself when you came here, Miss?". gzxilinear.com

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу